Homecoming 2019: Crowning of the Court

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming 2019: Crowning of the Court

Photo by Eef Fontanez

Photo by Eef Fontanez

Photo by Eef Fontanez

During halftime at the 2019 homecoming game against Sayre on Friday, September 27, 2019, this year’s fall Homecoming court was crowned. At the greatly anticipated event, the 2019 Queen and King Madison Cummins and Lucas Hannon were crowned along with first runners up, Carly McDonald and Thomas Brock, second runners up, Fiona Asher and Brent Robinson, and third runners up Macey Richardson and Taré Wilson.

This year’s candidates, all members of the senior class, were elected by the high school student body and the greater Pirate community. Each class elected three to four pairs of seniors to represent them as candidates in running for the homecoming court. The senior class representatives were Thomas Brock, Hannah Caudill, Madison Cummins, Nadalee Davis, Christian Duff, Sean Fagin, Eric Luppens, and Brent Robinson. The junior class elected Fiona Asher, Will Brennan, Kamryn Goodrich, Lucas Hannon, Malyah Penn, and Jared Whitaker to represent them. The sophomore class representatives were Hailey Biggs, Julian Clavere, Lola Cox, Savannah Lurty, Jaylen Whitaker, and Taré Wilson. The freshmen elected Dustin Lawniczak, Carly McDonald, Cody Moore, Macey Richardson, Kristopher Seals, and Timothy Thompson to represent them.

As being on the homecoming court is a great honor, the winners are chosen partly by popular vote, but they also are interviewed by outside members of the community. These personal interviews account for fifty percent of each candidate’s election and were on the candidates’ minds as they walked down the football field. Each candidate was escorted down the field by one adult of their choice as three of their personal goals and achievements were announced. Last year’s Homecoming King and Queen Emy Lovell and Baylor Hill, along with the Middle School Prince and Princess, Sophie Brewer and Caleb Campbell, helped to crown the court. 

With each member of the court being highly accomplished and loved by their community, the 2019 Homecoming court is a great representation of the student body as a whole. This honor is a great way to congratulate the members of the senior class for all the hard work they put into making the school a better place. Berea Community Schools is very proud of all of the candidates who were selected for the court and wants to give a special thanks to all who helped make this year’s crowning the best it could be.