BCHS Girls Soccer Team Finish Season!

Back to Article
Back to Article

BCHS Girls Soccer Team Finish Season!

During the first weeks of October, the Berea High School Girls’ Soccer Team finished out their last two games of the season. On October 1st for their senior night, the Lady Pirates faced off against Corbin High School. The game was a 0-6 loss for the Pirates, but, like most of their games, the girls held off the opposing team for quite a while.

The game against Corbin was the last season game for seniors Evi Stefan, Madi Cummins, and Hazel Traw. These girls were very crucial to the team and many of their teammates will miss them for future seasons. Andrea Ramos, a junior and teammate of the three, said, “They are… a key part of our team. Madi worked the front while Evi controlled the middle . . . [but] I know that the team will still do great next year.” The three will also be missed by their long-time coach, Coach Wideman, and he wished them well with future endeavors.

On October 8th the Pirates played against Madison Southern High School. This game was one of the openers for the district tournament within Madison County. Sadly, the girls lost this game 0-3 but they gave it their all during the game. Throughout the match, the Pirates were able to prevent Southern from scoring until the later part of the second half but eventually, the Eagles were able to score which led them to win the game. The Lady Pirates, knowing it was their last game of the season, tried their hardest and it most definitely showed in their performance.

The girls fought hard in both games and you can see the heart that these players put into the game. The Berea Community High School Girls’ Soccer Team will be training during the off-season this year and they hope to come back bigger and better for their next season!