Berea boys Soccer making their mark

Back to Article
Back to Article

Berea boys Soccer making their mark

Only three months into the season, the boys’ varsity soccer team has won two games along with one tie. On September 16th at 6 PM, the high school boys’ soccer team, coached by head coach Mitchell Plowman and assistant coach Jordan Johnson started the game against Paris by working as a team.  Edwin Rico scored two goals, and Will Fredrickson, Peyton Jones, and John Wallhausser scored one goal each, ending the game with a 5-0 win. Senior team member Sean Fagin’s response to why the season will be different is “Our coaches this year are dedicated more than others. We have worked on team bonding more and they’ve pushed us to be better [because]… he sees us more as people, more as equals.” Though they didn’t know what to expect when the new coaches started, the boys’ soccer team is finding that their new coaches see more in them than they see in themselves.

Coach Mitchell Plowman went to high school at Estill County and played on his high school team. Assistant Coach Johnson played soccer in high school at Madison Central and at Union College. 

The 2019 boys soccer team is looking forward to this season and to learn from their coaches. With new coaches and changes being made on their team, the boys’ soccer team looks forward to creating memories that will last a lifetime. By working hard and pushing through, the boys’ soccer team has come a long way with the help of the new coaching staff.