Filed under Features

New Run/Walk Club promotes exercise

Assistant cross country coach Lynn McCollum is sponsoring a new club at Berea Community: the BCHS Run/Walk Club. Throughout the last week of November, she spoke with students and staff at BCHS about her plans and what is in store for the rest of the year.

Open to high school students with a signed permission form and all BCS faculty, staff and family members, the Run/Walk Club met for the first time on Monday, November 26 in the BCS atrium and will now be meeting every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school from 3:30 to 4:30. According to McCollum, the group’s first meeting “was very good!”

McCollum created the club in order to give kids and adults something to do, and an opportunity to relax. Participants run or walk together from BCS to the Artisan Center entrance and back, and will have yoga sessions indoors in the event of inclement weather. “Movement detoxes you, not just physically but mentally,” McCollum said. “My goal for the club is to get people out and get them moving.”

If you would like to come out and join the BCHS Run/Walk Club, its next meeting will be on Friday, January 4 from 3:30 to 4:30 pm, beginning in the BCS atrium. Come during your free time and join the BCHS Run/Walk Club, a great way for students and adults to get outside, relax, and enjoy themselves!